The GSBA Youth Advisory Council (YAC) was formed to give high school students the opportunity to provide meaningful input to school board members. The goal of the feedback is to help aid school board members in their decision making and implementation processes.
By joining the council, you will have the opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and contribute to your community by affecting positive change for students across Georgia. Not only will you be able to impact the lives of other students, but you will also gain valuable knowledge that you can use now and in the future. Council members will also get to increase their network by meeting with other students from various Georgia school districts.
- Rising Sophomores and Juniors
- Ability to commit to the in-person meetings, video conferences and panel discussion at GSBA/GSSA Annual Conference
- Desire to improve and support school community
- Guardian and Principal/School permission
- Speak with and meet with college and career advisors and professionals
- Trip to Atlanta and opportunity to visit iconic landmarks
Application Deadline: March 25, 2019
For more info and a downloadable poster, click the link below.