Valdosta City School District

Skip to main content COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - click here (

Hurricane Dorian Update

We know everyone has questions for us about the status of school, especially since this is already a holiday weekend with our schools being closed on Monday, September 2.  As of today‚Äôs most recent report from the EMA, we believe it will be safe to have schools open on Tuesday, September 3.  
Please know that if the forecast were to change over the next several hours, we are prepared to make a decision as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and will release additional information as necessary.