Improving student performance is a community-wide effort which directly involves teachers, administrators, parents, families, and the community. We believe that parental involvement is a necessity as we strive to develop a total child. We are committed to involving parents in shared decision-making and encouraging parents to become active participants in their child's educational process. Valdosta City Schools focuses on effectively communicating instructional goals, creating an environment that is inviting for parents, and establishing the school as the center of the community.
By working together, we provide the knowledge, tools, nurturing, and support children need to excel in school, and ultimately, preparing them for success in post secondary endeavors and the workplace.
Parents and schools working together to make uncommon achievements commonplace.
- Parents and Valdosta City Schools will work together to create a supportive environment for learning readiness both in and out of the classroom.
- Parents and Valdosta City Schools will work together to create a partnership to support a child's academic success both in and out of the classroom.
- Parents and Valdosta City Schools will work together to maximize prevention and intervention strategies to help children with the challenges they face both in and out of the classroom.
- Parents and Valdosta City Schools will work together to provide a healthy, safe environment for children both in and out of the classroom.
Belief Statements are supported by:
- Parent Involvement Improvement Plan: Valdosta City Schools will establish and maintain timely, effective two-way communication with all stakeholders.
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965:
- Provides more information for parents about their child's progress.
- Alerts parents to important information on the performance of their child's school.
- Gives children and parents a lifeline to success.